Prophesy of Pendor Dev Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the Development Team associated with the Mount&Blade Module Prophesy of Pendor Development

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Companion changes native to pop

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Akuthia
Thought Warden
Thought Warden

Companion changes native to pop Empty
PostSubject: Companion changes native to pop   Companion changes native to pop EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 9:36 am

So, I've been working on getting companion dialogs working on my end as a light coding task, but when I do, The first batch of text is working, but all of the characters and companions responses are wrong, I'm wondering if anyone knows if there were any changes to the base dialog between native and pop that might cause this sort of behavior?

some rough example text:

Companion: Hi there, I'm Alexia!, Wanna have dinner?

PC Response choices: "Bloodshed and murder, rawr!" or "Really, your mother was an African billy goat?" (should be "dinner sounds lovely" or "No thanks, i prefer redheads"
Back to top Go down
Jorium
Questioner
Questioner

PostSubject: Re: Companion changes native to pop   Companion changes native to pop EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 4:55 pm

May or may not be helpful:

(I haven't done a lot of module coding, but have done a lot of the .txt file tweaking to add features and links, essentially writing code the harder and simultaneously easier way)

In my experience in the module system the links to the next dialog are assigned a number in the .txt file (based on the variables you put in the actual code). These reference values depend on the number of other similar variables already present in the module. Depending on what module you stuck your code in these reference values are off. So instead of pointing to where you thought, they go elsewhere. I suspect something of the same nature is happening here. I.E. you wrote code stand-alone or in a slightly different module (only takes one extra dialogue line difference), but when inserted into the current module the reference ids point to the wrong spot.

my example : I went to add new items into Pop. Wanted to grab them quick and check if they inserted into game properly so I pull up the cheat menu, find items. But, the max items it will show is the number of items present when the module was compiled. There is a line in there about "max number of items". In trial and error to find said reference, and tweaking menu ids, i managed to get the links in the cheat menu to point to things like "camping menu" (instead of "next item"), "prebattle options" (instead of "previous items") etc.
Back to top Go down
Akuthia
Thought Warden
Thought Warden

PostSubject: Re: Companion changes native to pop   Companion changes native to pop EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 7:06 pm

Well, i'm not working in the pop files yet, so i'm going off of the "creating a whole new mod" tutorials, where i'm directly editing the "native" mod, adding a new companion through the module, and re-compiling, so at least, in theory, it should be counting the companions right
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Companion changes native to pop   Companion changes native to pop Empty

Back to top Go down

Companion changes native to pop
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Prophesy of Pendor Dev Forum :: Siege Workshop-
Jump to: