Prophesy of Pendor Dev Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the Development Team associated with the Mount&Blade Module Prophesy of Pendor Development

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Poison system

Go down 
+2
Mordred
Timaaagh
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Timaaagh
Thought Warden
Thought Warden
Timaaagh

Poison system Empty
PostSubject: Poison system   Poison system EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 10:20 am

Mordred was wants to indroduce a poison system for the snake dominion elite troops.

He wanted the poison to act as a debuff by decreaseing attack speed and/or decreasing health over time.

I don't know how possible this is for WB. Any ideas are welcome.

My boring, but easy solution would be to add "poison" to the weapon name, perhaps add a green color to the texture, and increase it's overall damage.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Insidious Diety
Insidious Diety
Mordred

Poison system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poison system   Poison system EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 10:30 am

From Treebeard:

We’d need to introduce a new slot for the agents and have that record a poison status.

Then depending on poison status effects could be applied every x seconds.

So, it’s doable.

Remember this only occurs during combat, effects disappear afterwards.
Back to top Go down
treebeard
Nemisis
Nemisis
treebeard

Poison system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poison system   Poison system EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 9:18 pm

There is only the issue of tracking each agent that gets hit by an agent that has a poisoned weapon ... that could be tricky ...

I suggest this feature gets not too high priority.

I like Timaaagh's simple solution Smile
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Insidious Diety
Insidious Diety
Mordred

Poison system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poison system   Poison system EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 4:50 am

That works too Razz
Back to top Go down
LittleMikey2
Nemisis
Nemisis

Poison system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poison system   Poison system EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 6:46 am

I just had a snoop around the TW forums, it seems that a couple of mods have thought about implementing a simmilar system, but none I could find have actually finished it. Maybe we should ask around and see if anyone has gotten some code we could use?
Back to top Go down
Timaaagh
Thought Warden
Thought Warden
Timaaagh

Poison system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poison system   Poison system EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 11:25 am

glad you like my simple solution lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MrBeAr
Questioner
Questioner

Poison system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poison system   Poison system EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 10:01 am

The 1866 mod for MB models blood loss. I believe the way it works is that if an NPC/companion takes a certain % HP loss, there is a chance he will get a short duration DoT, which may or may not kill the NPC/companion. While the DoT is active, the victim seems to be in an incapacitated/stationary state and keeps taking damage without being able to fight.

Brythenwalda 1.34 (and I think 1.33) may in certain cases apply a DoT to NPCs and the player or his mount. Not sure what the triggers are based on, though. The DoT seems to remove HP until combat ends or the victim dies/is knocked unconscious. As a player this adds a sense of urgency especially if I am the victim, but since it happens quite often irrespective of who you are fighting, I feel it is overused. If for PoP 4.0 it were limited to use by unique troops I guess it is fine, but I would still like to be able to find some artifact or whatnot which would protect me from the effect of the poison/lessen the effect, perhaps as part of a questline?
Back to top Go down
Drahau
Mind Reader
Mind Reader
Drahau

Poison system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poison system   Poison system EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 12:22 pm

I actuall have seen a few mods in which items can regenerate health over time, perhaps same thing just the other way? However this would unbalance the game greatly, posion arrows, posion swords. Imagine a siege when you're trying to storm a castle with posion arrow equipped troops. Even if you DO get in, you're more than dead. This would actually require one extra slot for "potions" and either they would be static or key activated. This brings PLENTY of new opportunities, speed boos, damage boos, posion cure, health restore. However I look towards the coders and as I do have mercy I resign to even provoke further ideas Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.drahau.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

Poison system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poison system   Poison system Empty

Back to top Go down

Poison system
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Prophesy of Pendor Dev Forum :: Siege Workshop-
Jump to: