Prophesy of Pendor Dev Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the Development Team associated with the Mount&Blade Module Prophesy of Pendor Development

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My side project: A Gangs of New York mod

Go down 
+3
Saxondragon
Mason
AlanQSmithee
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AlanQSmithee
Soothsayer
Soothsayer

My side project: A Gangs of New York mod - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My side project: A Gangs of New York mod   My side project: A Gangs of New York mod - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 10:08 am

Probably not very good at any function, I imagine. Especially shooting, since it had no barrel.
My side project: A Gangs of New York mod - Page 2 1250129271024827000
Back to top Go down
Mason
Heavenly Walker
Heavenly Walker

PostSubject: Re: My side project: A Gangs of New York mod   My side project: A Gangs of New York mod - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 12:54 pm

I adore the rat on the top hat! You could also do one with the top popped up like a tin can lid, with the rat peeking out of it. Did the file with Shanghai Kelly/Ramun compile all right?
Back to top Go down
noosers
Nemisis
Nemisis

PostSubject: Re: My side project: A Gangs of New York mod   My side project: A Gangs of New York mod - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 1:12 pm

At close range - and that thing is meant to be used in a thight corner - the barrel isn´t important at all. In fact, it will inflict even nastier wounds as the bullet isn´t flying stabilised but most likely swinging and thus inflicting nasty wounds on impact.
Back to top Go down
AlanQSmithee
Soothsayer
Soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: My side project: A Gangs of New York mod   My side project: A Gangs of New York mod - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 11:39 am

Mason wrote:
I adore the rat on the top hat! You could also do one with the top popped up like a tin can lid, with the rat peeking out of it. Did the file with Shanghai Kelly/Ramun compile all right?

I've been putting it off, sorry; just now tried adding the last two things you sent me, strings and dialogs, and I got gangbanged with compile errors. It was on a brand new module folder with no other changes or errors.

Here's a shot of the compile errors:
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img23/1598/pytherrors.jpg

noosers wrote:
At close range - and that thing is meant to be used in
a thight corner - the barrel isn´t important at all. In fact, it will
inflict even nastier wounds as the bullet isn´t flying stabilised but
most likely swinging and thus inflicting nasty wounds on impact.

I like to imagine you use it by stabbing a guy, then when the blade's in his guts you pull the trigger.
Back to top Go down
noosers
Nemisis
Nemisis

PostSubject: Re: My side project: A Gangs of New York mod   My side project: A Gangs of New York mod - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 2:27 pm

Depends on your actual load. Rusty nails and hacked lead will work wonders there. Just imagine a big splat. A lead bullet won´t do much as the distace from the munition chamber to victim will be too short to allow the projectile to start swinging and oscillating.
Back to top Go down
AlanQSmithee
Soothsayer
Soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: My side project: A Gangs of New York mod   My side project: A Gangs of New York mod - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 10:10 pm

Been working on some urban scenes for fights and towns. Never realized how tiny Native towns are.

My side project: A Gangs of New York mod - Page 2 Samtown

My side project: A Gangs of New York mod - Page 2 Newtown4

My side project: A Gangs of New York mod - Page 2 Newtown3
Back to top Go down
AlanQSmithee
Soothsayer
Soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: My side project: A Gangs of New York mod   My side project: A Gangs of New York mod - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 9:44 am

I've gotten back into work on this in the past month. Redid the worldmap for maximum realism and made the battle scenes more urban streety, that is, with actual roads instead of buildings plopped everywhere.

Here's a random assortment of screens from the past few days.

My side project: A Gangs of New York mod - Page 2 Prevs

My side project: A Gangs of New York mod - Page 2 Smashcamera3

My side project: A Gangs of New York mod - Page 2 Hansom2

My side project: A Gangs of New York mod - Page 2 Ingame1r

My side project: A Gangs of New York mod - Page 2 Stairs2

My side project: A Gangs of New York mod - Page 2 51989222
Back to top Go down
Saxondragon
Admin
Saxondragon

PostSubject: Re: My side project: A Gangs of New York mod   My side project: A Gangs of New York mod - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 7:49 am

Wow..

Great work Alan...

Best,

Saxondragon
Back to top Go down
https://prophesyofpendor.forumotion.net
AlanQSmithee
Soothsayer
Soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: My side project: A Gangs of New York mod   My side project: A Gangs of New York mod - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 3:57 am

Just uploaded alpha2 to my own dev forum. Anyone interested? Might be shitty timing on my part...
Back to top Go down
noosers
Nemisis
Nemisis

PostSubject: Re: My side project: A Gangs of New York mod   My side project: A Gangs of New York mod - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 10:00 am

Yup. May have been rather bad timing, hehe.

Though I´ll definetly give it a shot once you release it!
Back to top Go down
Abyss
Soothsayer
Soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: My side project: A Gangs of New York mod   My side project: A Gangs of New York mod - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 4:29 pm

Thumbs up for professional humor.

+1.

~Ã.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My side project: A Gangs of New York mod   My side project: A Gangs of New York mod - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My side project: A Gangs of New York mod
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Prophesy of Pendor Dev Forum :: Gangs of New York-
Jump to: