Forum for the Development Team associated with the Mount&Blade Module Prophesy of Pendor Development

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Introduce Yourself

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
kaeldragor
Seeker
Seeker

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:13 am

Saxondragon wrote:
Excellent.. thank you for joining us.

I just gave you permission to enter.. and my apologies for taking so long to grant it, as I was engaged with rl activities yesterday.

As blasphemous as it sounds, real life does take precedence. Smile Thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Somnolent
Thought Warden
Thought Warden

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:05 pm

Tru dat, welcome aboard mate!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordred
Insidious Diety
Insidious Diety

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:57 pm

Hey all, im Mordred. I am a 23 year old living in the UK. I have a degree in politics (might explain my frequent rambles and for that I can only apologise). I am currently between jobs though really looking to go back to university at the end of this year (To get another degree, this time in management). I am a long time gamer, though my passion has been in MMO's where I was a guild leader for roughly 8 years of a guild called Stormwind. Decided to hang up my mantle of leadership this year as I felt there was no progression anymore in MMO's, they are all just clones of WoW.

Since then ive tried to turn my hand to several things but nothing stuck. Since then I came across Mount and Blade and after playing it exhaustively decided to look at some mods, eventually came across Pendor and was utterly besmitten by it. After a couple of posts on the forums Saxondragon very kindly offered to allow me to join the team and here I am.

My interests lie in story telling (I have a minor degree in Creative Writing), and working on factions. I have always experimented with creating teams, factions, countries for as long as I can remember and even tried forcing some of these ideas on my guild mates in MMOs with I must admit varying degrees of success.

Here's to the best mod on Mount and Blade!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rosha

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:42 pm

Heya everyone,
I'm not Rosha, no wait, I am Rosha. I'm a nerd. I love what you've done in POP! Keep up the good work! Mason has been doing some work for me on my mod and give's me updates on the team here. Grats on having such an amazing mod. Nice work
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saxondragon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:56 pm

Rosha wrote:
Heya everyone,
I'm not Rosha, no wait, I am Rosha. I'm a nerd. I love what you've done in POP! Keep up the good work! Mason has been doing some work for me on my mod and give's me updates on the team here. Grats on having such an amazing mod. Nice work

Hello and welcome Rosha...Thank you for your kind words of support.

I want you to know that you are most welcome to be here with our development group to see what we are up to. We look forward to your comments and I for one am also a fan of your work, "The Wedding Dance" - well done.

I know from experience that doing development work and discussing the pro's and con's of features and implementation is extremely difficult in an open forum with your customers by the hundreds chiming in. It is why we have created this sanctuary and hold the most critical conversations here.

Best regards,

Saxondragon
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://prophesyofpendor.forumotion.net
Abyss
Soothsayer
Soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:03 pm

Hello y'all,
Abyss speaking,18 yro male from Turkey,Istanbul.
Usually do lots of schoolwork for a living,sigh :/
I do real life archery in my spare time,and computer stuff,of course.I'm also a very productive chess player.
I use to do a lot of desinging in Macromedia Flash,trying to move on to 3d,it's not an easy process to get used to.Also done a lot of textures with photoshop.
I suppose I'm signing on for skinning/idea contribution-design/and maybe scene making.
Glad to be on board with y'all.
Hoping to turn this project into a great experience for all the M&B players all around the globe.

And SD,I'ld like to thank you again for this opportunity.
Very Happy

~Abyss
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jacob25
Questioner
Questioner

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:07 pm

alright. hi every one, i am jacob25, but u can just call me jacob. i live in missouri, i am 15. i play varsity football, i am a linebacker.

ok so, talents(i use that word loosely): i am a scene editor mainley, i just love building scenes that are very unusual. i can model, and texture with wings 3d, i am ok at that, but no professional by any means.

glad to be part of the team, i think this is the best mod for mount and blade

i look forward to meeting and getting to know you all
Back to top Go down
View user profile
€hris
Thought Leader
Thought Leader

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:38 pm

sup people, €hris here. Born and raised in Maryland but currently residing in Virginia. I'm a month away form turning 19 and I enjoy long walks on the beach etc etc etc. I do a lot of map making and editing for other games, usually for me and my friend's enjoyment, so I'm pretty experienced with various programs. Right now I'm fiddling with Scene Editing and I do some modeling here and there.

It's going to be fun working with you guys on this, and thanks for letting me be apart of the surprisingly large team Sax.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FritZ_FretZ
Thought Hunter
Thought Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:54 am

Greetings all, I'm FritZ.

I live in Michigan. I'm a physics professor by trade study , a gamer by definition Cool I've done a considerable amount of modding for BethSoft games; i.e. TES:IV & Fallout 3. There's not much in modding I haven't put a hand to... scripting, modeling, texuring, landscapes, archetecture, sound. I've got a bit of experience with modding M&B as well. I'm a terrible multi-tasker, but if you feed me one course at a time, I'll do you a great job Smile I recognize most of you from the TaleWorld forums already and look forward to working with everyone here on PoP Very Happy

Oh, and as Fawzia will tell you, I love emoticons Laughing Razz

Cheers!

FritZ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hovis
Thought Warden
Thought Warden

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:01 pm

Lo folks, I'm Hovis (known as Monglor on the main Taleworld's forum).

Few things about me... I live in Kent in England next to a castle. By the normal run of things I don't mention the castle but in present company I reckon you'd probably think it was as cool as I do. I'm a games journalist and a writer by trade and though I've monkeyed around with mission builders from Operation Flashpoint and Arma 2 to Neverwinter Nights and the GECK I've not really modded anything til now, so this is relatively new turf for me. Mount and Blade is a phenomenal engine and I love what can be done with it so I'm hoping to learn the magic of fiddling with it myself.

I'm looking forward to working on something that has the potential to be awesome on an entirely huge scale. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mason
Heavenly Walker
Heavenly Walker

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:23 pm

Hi, I'm Mason from Virginia (Fawzia on the TW Forum) and official Final Literary Editor/Executioner of all the writing on POP 3, except when I lose an argument with SD over analogies.

I hate those bloody emoticons and only use them under protest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saxondragon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:29 pm

Mason wrote:
Hi, I'm Mason from Virginia (Fawzia on the TW Forum) and official Final Literary Editor/Executioner of all the writing on POP 3, except when I lose an argument with SD over analogies.

I hate those bloody emoticons and only use them under protest.
Wink
Back to top Go down
alstrekalov

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:45 pm

Hey all, I'm Alex Strekalov (alstrekalov), although I usually go by Strek. I'm 17, just became a senior in high school, and now that junior year, the most stressful of them all, is finally over, I've got alot of free time.

I live in Los Angeles, and intend to major in English/Literature, (hence, one should understand that I love the two subjects, and enjoy writing and reading; so if writing dialogues or such is necessary, I'm more than willing to help out, although that is not what I signed up for.) I am also very fluent in Russian (officially my first language, but I speak it as well as I do English, since I began learning both in the US at approximately the same time.) I'm decent with Spanish and can speak Ukrainian at need, although I don't see how those could help any.

However, I signed up here mostly to help out with textures. I'm not much of a modeler, and have little experience with scripting, but I know how to work with textures. I know how to manage the .dds files and work with alpha channels, so it shouldn't be a problem, whereupon the actual artwork comes easily to me.

But, to tell the truth, I'm here for the fun of working on something I like. PoP was great, I definitely enjoyed it alot, and I would like to make it better, to the limit of my abilities. In any case, thanks for directing me here, and thank you for considering.

-Strek

EDIT:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Windstryker
Thought Hunter
Thought Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:00 pm

Greetings all,

I am Windstryker, and I am from northeastern Indiana.

I'm here to help to the story of Pendor, and hopefully to develop intriguing and engaging storylines that will keep people playing PoP long after they conquer other nations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yukuai
Questioner
Questioner

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:39 am

Hola world!

I'm Yukuai, I'm a IT manager but I'd like to create software too (but I think that my experience in Visual Basic programming can't help enough with M&B). I love fantasy game and RPG game too, I started playing with AD&D 2.0 (I think it's one of the best RPG ever created), then D&D 3.0/3.5, then alot of other RPG games. I'd like PoP, it gives to M&B some of the best features that M&B needs but I think that we can still improving it: with SaxonDragon and his team I think that PoP3 can become the best mod of M&B. I hope to give some interesting idea, helping in study game mechanics and improving them.

Yukuai
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wu-long
Thought Warden
Thought Warden

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:39 pm

I'm Chih-Ching Han and living in Washington at the moment.

My skills are mainly literary providing the reader a good background making them feel more attached to the gaming experience, as my carrier I wrote a few short stories writing sold, and I'm lacking in coding skills though.

I wish to enhance the characters storyline, conversation, quest line word choices and much more Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JethroKirby
Contributor
Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:33 pm

Hi everyone. My name is Jeff and I'm from Huntsville, Alabama. I have some experience with some texture work and with editing a few of the text files. I don't know much in the way of scripting (never messed with Python), but I do have some experience editing scripts in both Oblivion and Fallout 3. I also have (very) basic modeling experience with Medieval II Total War.

The reason I joined was to implement a system based on the Real Combat Model for Pendor as an option for those that like that sort of thing. I also look forward to trying my hand at anything else that needs done. I can learn pretty much anything if I put my mind to it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tin_Tuna
Questioner
Questioner

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:54 am

Hi!

My name is Rob and I'm from London, England. I'm pretty much here to get told to draw pretty pictures so if anyone needs some concepts drawn up just give me a shout.

The reason i joined was because my friend already works on the mod and apparently no one else has filled this position yet (Oh, and people think i can draw), hah.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dejawolf
BANNED
BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:21 am

hi.

im raino and i come from a nice warm place called norway, im 24 years old and have done modelling and skinning for almost 6 years, including work on steel beasts and medieval 2 total war. been playing mount and blade for over a year and i have released a few treats on the taleworlds forums, mainly viking stuff as its part of the history from where i come from.
including these viking helmets.
really impressed with your mod and the work that's been put into it and would be glad to give my 2 cents and share ideas.

Last edited by dejawolf on Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : new url)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dejawolf.com/
Archangel2K
Mind Reader
Mind Reader

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:48 pm

Hi Dejawolf,

I was hoping you'd pop in sometime to say Hi, they're a really good bunch in here so I'm sure you'll feel most welcome!! Smile

Cheers,

-- Archangel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dejawolf
BANNED
BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:16 pm

hey archangel, good to see you again and thanks for the warm welcome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dejawolf.com/
Saxondragon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:49 pm

dejawolf wrote:
hi.

im darri and i come from a nice warm place called norway, im 24 years old and have done modelling and skinning for almost 6 years, including work on steel beasts and medieval 2 total war. been playing mount and blade for over a year and i have released a few treats on the taleworlds forums, mainly viking stuff as its part of the history from where i come from.
including these viking helmets.
really impressed with your mod and the work that's been put into it and would be glad to give my 2 cents and share ideas.

Ok.. since you know Archangel., and have registered.. I will grant permission to enter. We are on a light duty mode at the moment, which will change in the near future. Please take a look around, and welcome!

Best,.

Saxondragon
Back to top Go down
Tana

PostSubject: Hello   Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:05 pm

Hello all,

My name is Montana and I live in Michigan. I am a student just breaking into game design (I intend to make it a profession.) Currently I work in the produce market of a large regional supermarket chain.

As for what I bring to the table; I consider myself a good voice actor. I draw in a cartoon style (see my avatar,) but occasionally go for realism. I have a lot of experience with game mastering table top RPG's, which I am told is a plus for anyone designing digital games. I also have a great enthusiasm for anything fantasy oriented, eastern or western. I also love bouncing ideas off of people and brainstorming in groups, so this seems like the place for me.

I'm hoping that I can learn a lot from everyone on this forum, and that maybe some of you could learn something from me.

Let's have some fun,
Tana
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saxondragon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:08 pm

Tana wrote:
Hello all,

My name is Montana and I live in Michigan. I am a student just breaking into game design (I intend to make it a profession.) Currently I work in the produce market of a large regional supermarket chain.

As for what I bring to the table; I consider myself a good voice actor. I draw in a cartoon style (see my avatar,) but occasionally go for realism. I have a lot of experience with game mastering table top RPG's, which I am told is a plus for anyone designing digital games. I also have a great enthusiasm for anything fantasy oriented, eastern or western. I also love bouncing ideas off of people and brainstorming in groups, so this seems like the place for me.

I'm hoping that I can learn a lot from everyone on this forum, and that maybe some of you could learn something from me.

Let's have some fun,
Tana

Exxcellent Tana.. welcome to the fold.

best,

Saxondragon
Back to top Go down
Canto

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:19 pm

Hey all!

My name's Nate, and I'm from Michigan. Like Tana, I'm a student and currently planning on breaking into the game design and programming fields. I have a little bit of experience in a lot of stuff, but most of it centers around code and scripts, primarily simple ones like visual basic and HTML/XHTML. I have a little experience in C# as well, and have been working in the NWN2 toolset recently, but haven't done much of the scripting work.

I'm hoping to learn a lot here, and look forward to working with all of you!

--Nate
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next