Forum for the Development Team associated with the Mount&Blade Module Prophesy of Pendor Development

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Introduce Yourself

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17
AuthorMessage
snouz
Nemisis
Nemisis

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:31 pm

cwdain wrote:
Hello everyone!

I'm Chris and I'm a real life friend of Mordred's! We met up a few weeks ago and he mentioned this little project he had going on. I'm a sound designer so I offered my services if he needed anything. He pointed me to PoP asked me to take a look and see if any of your audio files could be improved upon. So I've been working on them behind the scenes up until today when I finished.

Anyway, this probably isn't the right thread to talk about them, just thought I'd introduce myself. If you have any questions, let me know! I have a few of my own.

Welcome cwdain!

You can ask any question to me or MitchyMatt, I'm curious to ear what you changed exactly.

Did you use the internal version we've got? I've worked on sounds too: I've made two categories, FLAC - for sound effects, short stuff, battle sounds..., and I converted some to OGG - for dialogs, rare sounds, sounds that appear in non-intensive phases...

I've also redone the female sounds (grunts, shouts...) and zombie death sounds. I'm also investigating the sounds that were made for the mod 'CWE', that was abandoned and became open.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cwdain
Questioner
Questioner

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:02 pm

snouz wrote:
cwdain wrote:
Hello everyone!

I'm Chris and I'm a real life friend of Mordred's! We met up a few weeks ago and he mentioned this little project he had going on. I'm a sound designer so I offered my services if he needed anything. He pointed me to PoP asked me to take a look and see if any of your audio files could be improved upon. So I've been working on them behind the scenes up until today when I finished.

Anyway, this probably isn't the right thread to talk about them, just thought I'd introduce myself. If you have any questions, let me know! I have a few of my own.

Welcome cwdain!

You can ask any question to me or MitchyMatt, I'm curious to ear what you changed exactly.

Did you use the internal version we've got? I've worked on sounds too: I've made two categories, FLAC - for sound effects, short stuff, battle sounds..., and I converted some to OGG - for dialogs, rare sounds, sounds that appear in non-intensive phases...

I've also redone the female sounds (grunts, shouts...) and zombie death sounds. I'm also investigating the sounds that were made for the mod 'CWE', that was abandoned and became open.

Cheers!

Hi! So sorry its taken me so long to get back to you, its been an insanely busy few months for me.

I actually thought that most of the sound effects were really really good. There were a few (animal sfx mostly) that weren't really high quality, so I fixed them where I could. It was mostly the dialogue which had lots of background noise, hiss and silences. I went through all the files and cleaned up where possible. I was using the audio files from version V3.7063.

Would you still be interested in getting these files and looking over them?

Thanks,

Chris
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MitchyMatt
Nemisis
Nemisis

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:13 pm

cwdain wrote:
snouz wrote:
cwdain wrote:
Hello everyone!

Welcome cwdain!

Cheers!

Yes, post them in the 3.8 thread as a new topic and go over it the best you can plus provide a download link Smile
Hi! So sorry its taken me so long to get back to you, its been an insanely busy few months for me.

I actually thought that most of the sound effects were really really good. There were a few (animal sfx mostly) that weren't really high quality, so I fixed them where I could. It was mostly the dialogue which had lots of background noise, hiss and silences. I went through all the files and cleaned up where possible. I was using the audio files from version V3.7063.

Would you still be interested in getting these files and looking over them?

Thanks,

Chris

Yes, if you could post them on a new topic in the 3.8 section and provide a thourough insight to what was changed that be great. Plus any download links are good too Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EfeKaracar
Seeker
Seeker

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:02 am

Yo,

I am back to working on POP again, part-time. I tried to join POP dev team when saxon was still around like back in 2011 but just let him down due busy RL. So, I heard you people are back on track for a new update, thought I would contribute from time to time. I have other stuff going on in parallel; trying to create my own studio, working on Vyrn, university and drawing/design practices. But, I will be able to spare my time for some cool features you might have in your mind and make them priority.

I am originally a designer and a concept artist, also practicing Film Animation. Warband-wise, I am coding this game for 6 years, so I can do stuff like pro AI as you can see in my Vyrn video, dual-wielding or a completely-living dragon with an AI and animations. I have been part of Bear Force for a while, made mods such as ZOMBIEE, Hornburg 2 and Hundred Years War - Remade too. So, I am pretty experienced in game designing and development. Also, I can do skeletal animations, 3D modelling, texture-artisting, GUI design and scening.  

You can check my current total-conversion project here for what I am able to do: http://www.moddb.com/mods/vyrn

Also, these links for my design/concept art works;

https://www.artstation.com/artist/belendor
https://www.behance.net/efekaracar66d3

POP has always been the pinnacle of warband modding to me. Only mod I have actually had fun playing all these years due to an actual thinking to the game design, thoughts to lore behind and integrity.

Nice to be here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.efekaracar.com
k0nr@d
Nemisis
Nemisis

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:03 am

Welcome EfeKaracar. Looking at your skills, it seems that you can contribute a lot to this project.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
snouz
Nemisis
Nemisis

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:26 am

You are most welcome EfeKaracar. (How can we call you? Efe? Karacar?)

So, about the state of the project:

http://prophesyofpendor.forumotion.net/t1019-alpha-5. The thread also has a bucket list of things that have to be done.
I've done a draw version of the changelog for 3.8 at the end of this post (we're working on it since january)

I will have to wait for MitchyMatt's approval to send you any part of the source code.

We're almost done replacing/redoing all armors and clothing to better versions (while still keeping/making everything optimized). That's in the hand of Konrad & I (both artists).

The UI was fully redone by me for 3.7. Suggestions/criticism open though.

It seems you have plenty to contribute, what would you like to contribute? For stuff like dual wielding etc. we usually discuss in detail (in our own threads in "PoP 3.8 Development") what we're doing, what we add, what we change, so that everyone agrees, especially MitchyMatt who's the head of the project currently. That's what has allowed the project to stay consistant.

So welcome : D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EfeKaracar
Seeker
Seeker

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:25 am

Hey konrad and snouz. Much appreciated. Smile

I see lots of things I can do in bucket list. To be honest, since my time is limited; I would like to contribute new features that would be major for the next update. In the level of coolness of creating your order. Do you have any such cool crazy idea that you have been sitting for a while?
Back to top Go down
snouz
Nemisis
Nemisis

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:38 am

EfeKaracar wrote:
Hey konrad and snouz. Much appreciated. Smile

I see lots of things I can do in bucket list. To be honest, since my time is limited; I would like to contribute new features that would be major for the next update. In the level of coolness of creating your order. Do you have any such cool crazy idea that you have been sitting for a while?

Well, do you have any cool crazy feature that you have developed that you can work on porting?

One thing I was trying to do was to port that VC feature to have battle size changer natively. Lets you go over 150 without having to find a workaround.

One other thing was the "pendor castle", half developed years ago, it was supposed to become a camp that you could update to a castle and then a town. I tried to implement it, but that introduced so many bugs that I commented out.

Also, the radiant cross outpost, where you were supposed to be able to recruit ashenborn units, but you should ask Mordred about that. He can't find the original scene that was created for that though.

But for 3.8, we're mainly trying to polish things up, and come to a complete release, soonest as possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EfeKaracar
Seeker
Seeker

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:47 am

Hm, here is what I have up my in my store for my own project then. This is the progress report of Vyrn I shared to public. What you read in this list, I have done it and you can probably take it. Some of them I would like to keep unique for the project, but most you can have.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/vyrn/news/first-progress-report2

Snouz, with latest update of 1.168; new module.ini operations arrived. Among these;

battle_size_min = 150
battle_size_max = 750

This is how you resolve battle sizer. Just put whatever number you want. Here is the full list of the new module.ini operations:

Spoiler:

I loved the idea of Pendor Castle. I can certainly make what you are talking about. Player Settlement? With guards walking arounds, random raids to your house, siege, RP options...ye?

Radiant Cross ok for me too.

I think I have made over 30-40 new animations for several things. Including sex animations. (Don't ask.) Or, dragon. Might as well come handy. With all the OSP animations I gathered all these years, I think I have something like 400-450 animations in store too.
Back to top Go down
snouz
Nemisis
Nemisis

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:32 pm

POP predates even warband, so there are probably several features that didn't make it. It will probably have to be a bit more complicated to implement.
But I think 1.168 was made to support some VC features. Meaning I'm pretty sure all the code necessary is in VC source. I checked (and tried to add these to module ini but it doesn't work alone)

Let's wait for MM, and I'll give you the source code. He's american and works almost every day so he's usually there at night for us. You can add me on steam (snouz)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MitchyMatt
Nemisis
Nemisis

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:13 am

The source can be handed too, that is no problem.

I would love to see new troop/NPC standing animations. The original Warband ones are far too weird and the feet apart seems kind of unbalanced. It could use some sort of new makeover.

I really would like to see the dragon animation in game working, just for fun because that sounds incredible.

What kind of Kingdom management options are you able to code? Some King option/format could use an overhaul or some new touch up.

The Pendor Castle situation is something we've been meaning to add but lacking someone to tackle the code to make it work flawlessly.

I'm slightly intoxicated so I may have spelling errors or not have conveyed my thoughts clearly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EfeKaracar
Seeker
Seeker

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:26 am

Depends on what you need for Kingdom Management options. I am not good at so complex calculations, I actually suck at maths. Razz

Would you like me to open my own topic so I can share my update and discuss there?
Back to top Go down
MitchyMatt
Nemisis
Nemisis

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:29 am

EfeKaracar wrote:
Depends on what you need for Kingdom Management options. I am not good at so complex calculations, I actually suck at maths. Razz

Would you like me to open my own topic so I can share my update and discuss there?

Openinng your own topic would be awesome, feel free too!

Also don't feel under any time constraint here, we're working until we feel like we're done Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EfeKaracar
Seeker
Seeker

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:03 am

Alright.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Insidious Diety
Insidious Diety