Forum for the Development Team associated with the Mount&Blade Module Prophesy of Pendor Development
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Introduce Yourself

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Saxondragon
Admin
avatar

Posts : 2047
Join date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:56 pm

demerzeliv wrote:
Hi, demerzeliv here.

Been playing M&B for a month or two now, I've downloaded almost every mod out there and PoP is by far the most cohesive and well thought out one I've seen. I wrote a story for a signature army and would like to help out any way I can. Don't have too many modding skills (have modded in other games but not this one), but I'll hang around and bounce ideas around, give feedback or whatever. Who knows, I might even learn a valuable skill sometime. But no promises Smile

Nice work on your story and glad to have you on board. Feel free to wander and inject constructive thoughts.

Best,

Saxondragon
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://prophesyofpendor.forumotion.net
Altair2
Soothsayer
Soothsayer
avatar

Posts : 291
Join date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:59 pm

Welcome both of you!
And congratulations for the contest!

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valorian Endymion
Soothsayer
Soothsayer
avatar

Posts : 379
Join date : 2009-02-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:29 am

Hello, I am Valorian.

Like demerzeliv I too write a signature army for Pendor (which I got to agree with demerzeliv as Pendor is no doubt really cohesive and well thought), and too I don't have skills with moding (the most close I got was making some simple changes and creating new companions for Oblivion), but I guess that I can give ideas and feedback.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Altair2
Soothsayer
Soothsayer
avatar

Posts : 291
Join date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:06 pm

Welcoma and congratz Valorian!

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Timothy the Knight
Questioner
Questioner
avatar

Posts : 6
Join date : 2009-02-11
Age : 25
Location : Wandering the wilderness.

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:07 pm

Greetings and salutations!

I am Timothy the Knight, as some may already know. To hear my tragic tale, click on my signature.

My real name is Timo, and I'm from Finland. I'm 17 years old, and a winner of the signature companion contest. Unfortunately my modding skills are somewhat limited, and I'll probably stick to writing stuff if such is needed. So if anyone needs a story, give me a call and maybe I can help.

That's that for now, folks. Looking forward to whatever lies ahead!

Edit: Whoops, no signature. Well, no mater, I'll put the tale here. Warning: Wall of text ahead!

Spoiler:
 


Last edited by Timothy the Knight on Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Runner3434
Mind Reader
Mind Reader
avatar

Posts : 173
Join date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:09 pm

Hi nice to have you on the team,

we welcome all feed back, btw you sig does not work

thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saxondragon
Admin
avatar

Posts : 2047
Join date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:13 pm

Timothy the Knight wrote:
Greetings and salutations!

I am Timothy the Knight, as some may already know. To hear my tragic tale, click on my signature.

My real name is Timo, and I'm from Finland. I'm 17 years old, and a winner of the signature companion contest. Unfortunately my modding skills are somewhat limited, and I'll probably stick to writing stuff if such is needed. So if anyone needs a story, give me a call and maybe I can help.

That's that for now, folks. Looking forward to whatever lies ahead!

Welcome aboard mate.. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://prophesyofpendor.forumotion.net
Lithandril
Seeker
Seeker
avatar

Posts : 35
Join date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:23 pm

Hey everyone,

I feel pretty honoured to be here and I am very happy that my character made it through the votes. Makes me feel like I am contributing atleast the tiniest bit to this mod instead of sitting back and just playing it.
In real life I am a 20 year old guy from Europe with limited modeling and programming experience, been playing Mount and Blade since one of the earliest versions and it has grown to be one of the best games I ever played and I think by now the one I overal spend the most time playing. (With the exception of WoW I suppose but that doesn't count.) I have practically atleast tried 70-80% of all the mods though there are only few sadly that stand out so much as Pendor.

In Pendor I am simply Lysant. Born Lysander of Ibiran. He leads a company of Knights called the Knights Imperealis. A united order of knights who accept any who considers themself one and agrees to fight for a cause. Was taken in as a lord of Ravenstern and continued to push the Empire into the sea. After the Ravenstern-Empire war ended he rebeled against King Gregory who refused to recognize the Knight's part in the victory over the empire and continued to treat them as vassals of little importance. Sending them on errands such as cattle runs and scouting missions. After meeting Madame Ursula and hearing from Gregory's own mouth his short sighted reason for not allowing her on the throne he decided to aid her in taking back her throne.

Basically they are an elite mercenary/adventurer company consisting of only mounted warriors. Mostly knights, Valkery's counting as the female knights. And ofcourse they have slight dillusions of grandeur and an Imperial Dream which often leads them fighting for personal gain masked in lofty speeches rather then being truely honourable knights.
Oh and apperantly he is "Charmed" by the Noldor according to Saxon since he is unable to attack any of them. ;P



So yeh. That's me. With 400+ days of in game playing and lvl 39 I feel like I have explored a lot of Pendor. However due to a bug that doesn't allow me to attack the Noldor and for some strange reason (Or bad luck?) no Demonic Warrior armies spawning (All the other invasions work fine. But in 400 days and 3+ invasions of all other types I have not seen one demonic one.) I feel like there is still plenty to do for me so I can't wait for 2.0 so I can start over again.

This intruduction is a lot longer then I had planned but ok. Glad to be here and I can't wait to see what you guys have made so far, if any of you need some dialogue or text written, spell checked or given inspiration for I'll happily lend my service. Oh and now that you have let me in here you'll have to put up with my Devil's Advocate critisism ;P

-Lith
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Altair2
Soothsayer
Soothsayer
avatar

Posts : 291
Join date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:16 pm

Welcome both of you!
When i voted i was undecided between you two and tommylaw, at the end i voted tommylaw, i did the stick game(i don't know the name on english), and tommylaw got the smaller one... pirat clown
But anyway both are very good and ilked them a lot!
Cheers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Archangel2K
Mind Reader
Mind Reader
avatar

Posts : 162
Join date : 2009-02-12
Location : Brisbane, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:48 pm

Hi All,

I'm Archangel, I currently reside in the UK.

I do some skinning/texturing but also some minor model editing using 3DS Max and Milkshape - started back in the days of Quake 2, I've also done some voice acting as well for some mods for a game called Operation Flashpoint, plus I was a junior member of staff with a company called Origin back in the late 90's before the reshuffle so I've dabbled in scripting as well but unfortunately not to the same level as most experienced modders and developers.

I'm a big Medieval 2 Total War, Elder Scrolls and LOTR fan, so when I saw this game I instantly fell in love with it and this is my favourite mod for it too, so having the chance to contribute - even in a small way - is absolutely fantastic.

Cheers.

-- Archangel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saxondragon
Admin
avatar

Posts : 2047
Join date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:03 pm

Archangel2K wrote:
Hi All,

I'm Archangel, I currently reside in the UK.

I do some skinning/texturing but also some minor model editing using 3DS Max and Milkshape - started back in the days of Quake 2, I've also done some voice acting as well for some mods for a game called Operation Flashpoint, plus I was a junior member of staff with a company called Origin back in the late 90's before the reshuffle so I've dabbled in scripting as well but unfortunately not to the same level as most experienced modders and developers.

I'm a big Medieval 2 Total War, Elder Scrolls and LOTR fan, so when I saw this game I instantly fell in love with it and this is my favourite mod for it too, so having the chance to contribute - even in a small way - is absolutely fantastic.

Cheers.

-- Archangel

Fantastic Archangel.. welcome to our passion here.

Take a look around, see what interests you and if you have the desire to jump in, give advice or take on some work, that is all completely up to you.

Best regards,

Saxondragon
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://prophesyofpendor.forumotion.net
Vulkan
Thought Hunter
Thought Hunter
avatar

Posts : 95
Join date : 2009-01-12
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:53 pm

Welcome everyone, I have not been around much recently but I have been continuing with my modelling work. With any luck, I will have more time to check this forum this week, now that I am back from my cottage.

And, Timo, I am Finnish-Canadian. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wmayhue7
Questioner
Questioner
avatar

Posts : 10
Join date : 2009-03-10
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:26 pm

Ooops! My bad!!! I screwed up and introduced myself as a "new topic". I really didn't mean to do that...it's been a long day! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saxondragon
Admin
avatar

Posts : 2047
Join date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:54 pm

No worries mate.. welcome to the playtest team.. I just sent you a PM on how and where to download in order to catch up to the V.060 version.

Best,

Saxondragon
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://prophesyofpendor.forumotion.net
Altair2
Soothsayer
Soothsayer
avatar

Posts : 291
Join date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:48 pm

Welcome and congratz on finishing the game. Very Happy

Cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
froggyluv
Soothsayer
Soothsayer


Posts : 403
Join date : 2009-03-22
Age : 46
Location : Rockies

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:15 pm

Howdy everybody, Froggyluv here. I just moved to Colorado from the Carribean and am currently trying to restart my business (Fitness Coach) so I have a lot of free time on my hands to help Beta-test. I'm a 38 yo life-long gamer (yeah, my wife is siked!) and have done extensive beta testing and bug hunting with some major mods for Operation Flashpoint and it's sequel Arma, sometimes lasting 8 months. Anyways I'm a pretty selective gamer and M&B is really one of 3 games that I play. I was a big fan of POP and am really excited about the glimpses I have seen to the next version.

Cheers all and thanks for having me aboard cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saxondragon
Admin
avatar

Posts : 2047
Join date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:24 pm

froggyluv wrote:
Howdy everybody, Froggyluv here. I just moved to Colorado from the Carribean and am currently trying to restart my business (Fitness Coach) so I have a lot of free time on my hands to help Beta-test. I'm a 38 yo life-long gamer (yeah, my wife is siked!) and have done extensive beta testing and bug hunting with some major mods for Operation Flashpoint and it's sequel Arma, sometimes lasting 8 months. Anyways I'm a pretty selective gamer and M&B is really one of 3 games that I play. I was a big fan of POP and am really excited about the glimpses I have seen to the next version.

Cheers all and thanks for having me aboard cheers

Awesome mate! Glad to have you here.. if you have any questions just ask..

Best,

Saxondragon
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://prophesyofpendor.forumotion.net
sergeant113
Member
Member


Posts : 2
Join date : 2009-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:33 pm

Sergeant113 reporting for duty!!!!
David by the name, bug hunter is the temporary task. I have some experience with modeling but it takes me A LOT of time, so if you're in a hurry, don't count so much on me. :-P
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saxondragon
Admin
avatar

Posts : 2047
Join date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:59 pm

sergeant113 wrote:
Sergeant113 reporting for duty!!!!
David by the name, bug hunter is the temporary task. I have some experience with modeling but it takes me A LOT of time, so if you're in a hurry, don't count so much on me. :-P

No worries on the modeling.. we are past that point at the moment.. Smile Settle in, download the beta and start looking around.

Thanks!

Saxondragon
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://prophesyofpendor.forumotion.net
Citizen
Member
Member


Posts : 3
Join date : 2009-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:12 pm

Hi all, Citizen here, ready to beta test.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
delve
Thought Warden
Thought Warden
avatar

Posts : 116
Join date : 2009-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:15 pm

I'm Delve. I'm a programmer at heart and, sadly, have absolutely minimal artistic talent. I can appreciate good artistry, such as that which makes PoP such a wonderful experience, but I can't create it. Actually, allow me to contradict myself. I've been told I'm a decent actor, though I keep a pinch of salt handy for that comment. So I suppose I should say I can do some performing arts, but I've no real talent for much else artistic.

What I do bring is an analytical mind with a penchant for logic, a sometimes excessive vocabulary, and a love of rambling (and paranthesis as you'll no doubt discover). I've only been playing M&B for a few weeks; I'm a complete newbie in the M&B modding scene, though I've spectated and dabbled in some other mod scenes. So mostly I expect to be hunting down bugs and using them as stepping stones to figure out where everything fits in. My code knowledge is mostly PHP and C++, but I find languages easy to pick up and become fluent in, having worked with more than I care to take the time to list.

And that's enough out of me, I'll go lurk around and see what's happening. It's a pleasure to meet you all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saxondragon
Admin
avatar

Posts : 2047
Join date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:20 pm

delve wrote:
I'm Delve. I'm a programmer at heart and, sadly, have absolutely minimal artistic talent. I can appreciate good artistry, such as that which makes PoP such a wonderful experience, but I can't create it. Actually, allow me to contradict myself. I've been told I'm a decent actor, though I keep a pinch of salt handy for that comment. So I suppose I should say I can do some performing arts, but I've no real talent for much else artistic.

What I do bring is an analytical mind with a penchant for logic, a sometimes excessive vocabulary, and a love of rambling (and paranthesis as you'll no doubt discover). I've only been playing M&B for a few weeks; I'm a complete newbie in the M&B modding scene, though I've spectated and dabbled in some other mod scenes. So mostly I expect to be hunting down bugs and using them as stepping stones to figure out where everything fits in. My code knowledge is mostly PHP and C++, but I find languages easy to pick up and become fluent in, having worked with more than I care to take the time to list.

And that's enough out of me, I'll go lurk around and see what's happening. It's a pleasure to meet you all.

Very Happy Welcome aboard mate.. glad to have you here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://prophesyofpendor.forumotion.net
Saxondragon
Admin
avatar

Posts : 2047
Join date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:21 pm

Citizen wrote:
Hi all, Citizen here, ready to beta test.

Fantastic.. download and lets get rockin! :0
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://prophesyofpendor.forumotion.net
LittleMikey2
Nemisis
Nemisis


Posts : 586
Join date : 2009-03-23
Age : 28
Location : Perth, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:23 am

Hi there, I'm LittleMikey.

Been playing M&B since 8.08, back when the only companion was Marnid (tho apparently there was one hidden in the dungeon of a castle somewhere) and the game was being written by a Turkish guy and his wife.

Really a fan of the modding community for all games, tho i'm not good with graphics, I can do code well. I am also a good PR person ^_^;

I hail from Perth, Australia, quite different from most of you guys Very Happy

See you around, Mikey
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Munx
Member
Member


Posts : 1
Join date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:50 am

I am Munx, and Ive been a gamer 75% of my life since the age of 5.
The sad part is tough after 15 years I am still as clueless as a five year old when it comes to computers. lol!

Sadly no mather how many times I try to get intrested in 3d modeling it just dosnt seem to be for me, so for now all I can rly contribute with is my bug finding magnet which I have in my pocket at all times.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   

Back to top Go down
 
Introduce Yourself
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
 Similar topics
-
» introduce some Chinese Traditional Medicine solution for migraine

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Prophesy of Pendor Dev Forum :: Castle Pendor :: Welcome-
Jump to: