Forum for the Development Team associated with the Mount&Blade Module Prophesy of Pendor Development

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Introduce Yourself

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Chiksika
Insidious Provocateur
Insidious Provocateur

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Wed May 12, 2010 5:13 pm

Yes Mason, my wife will be joining me in this, we still "share" our game, it'll be interesting to see what kind of trouble she can leave me in as she suddenly decides to take a break at a critical time. Adds a new dimension to be sure, and we're both looking forward to this and maybe between the two of us we'll find some things that wouldn't normally crop up in a regular single player romp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordred
Insidious Diety
Insidious Diety

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Wed May 12, 2010 9:08 pm

Welcome Chiksika!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K ! N K Y
Questioner
Questioner

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sat May 15, 2010 7:21 am

Boo! What a Face

K!NKY here, your new texturer. I'll be working on some of the textures for PoP and who knows what else. You may also know me as Sara from the boards. I was originally going to texture a bit for Abyss but was invited over by Mason/Fawzia.

A little about me. I usually involve myself with game design, doing so professionally now for almost two years combined with doing my studies as an art student (in the field of game design, -development, -art and interaction). Such a study teaches it's students about how to effectively use playtests, information gathering and research to come up with working concepts and how to turn such a concept into a working prototype. Such a prototype is then further improved into an Alpha version, etc, etc. Also I have learned how to use similar research and conceptual skills to come up with textures and/or 3d models which should be most useful here. Hopefully I can put that skill to use as a texturer and maybe 3d modeller.

(Will an administrator please change the username from K1NKY into K!NKY? I seem to have botched up the first registration and cannot rename to K!NKY because of that)

For those curious about what technical skills I have and to what extent I perhaps can put them to use:

Texturing - Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

2D Art - Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

3D Modelling - Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

High-res 3D art - Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
( Poser 8 )

Thumbnail/UI design - Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Concept Art - Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MadVader
Nemisis
Nemisis

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sat May 15, 2010 8:53 am

Welcome!

You may have to wait a while to get full access from SD, he's a busy guy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TalonAquila
Insidious Provocateur
Insidious Provocateur

PostSubject: Greetings to PoP dev team   Sat May 15, 2010 8:55 am

I'm TalonAquila, on the TW forums as well as here ( senile dementia setting in, i fear).

I reside in Virginia. I've been married 33 years, have 3 children, 8 grandchildren, a parakeet and a coffee cup (which is all but permanently attached to my left hand).

I've played M&B since version .990, beta tested Warband - both MP and SP - and my modding skills have developed as I made changes to vanilla M&B to suit myself.

My programming experience is limited to extinct languages like Pascal, Fortran, COBOL and 8088/8086 assembly. Yes, kiddies, the stone age of programming. My computer graphics and art work is non-existant.

I hope to make my contribution to PoP as a worthy tester of kingdom/village management, primarily, but I'm willing to lend a hand anywhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MadVader
Nemisis
Nemisis

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sat May 15, 2010 9:05 am

Hi TalonAquila,

You are not the only one to fondly remember the days of Z80 assembly, pascal and whatever else was in the 80s. Your Warband experience may be very useful, very soon.

Cheers,
MV
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordred
Insidious Diety
Insidious Diety

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sat May 15, 2010 9:40 am

Welcome to the team guys Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saxondragon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sat May 15, 2010 1:49 pm

Welcome both of you...

Talon.. you sound like my kind of guy.. complete with coffee cup. Laughing

K!nky.. I am glad to have you on board. Feel free to ask questions.

best regards,

Saxondragon
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://prophesyofpendor.forumotion.net
Mason
Heavenly Walker
Heavenly Walker

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sun May 16, 2010 5:53 am

Hi, TalonAquila and Kinky/Sara, I am happy to see you both here! Cheers, Mason

Kinky, if you will carry on working with Abyss for the moment - as your study schedule permits - that would be great.

TalonAquila and Kinky, please check here: http://prophesyofpendor.forumotion.net/third-tower-f4/beta-testing-assignments-t362.htm#7187
for your assignments for the beta tests, but texturing Abyss' weapons takes precedence at the moment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MCC still_standing
Thought Leader
Thought Leader

PostSubject: Hello...   Mon May 17, 2010 10:30 am

My name is Jennifer and I am new to M&B and POP. Though I don’t have much experience yet with game design, graphic arts, coding, or mods, and my skills are limited, I intend to cultivate them with hard work and sheer determination and that is what I can offer!

I am a student in Michigan who enjoys learning new things and exercising my creativity through art and writing by way of an imagination that has no boundaries. I have recently developed a strong interest in the game design industry and hope to one day achieve a successful career in the field.

If I may be of assistance in any way, I will gladly embrace the challenge and will appreciate the knowledge that I stand to obtain from the experience.

Thanks for the opportunity,
Jennifer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordred
Insidious Diety
Insidious Diety

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Mon May 17, 2010 10:36 am

Welcome to the team still_standing, SD has praised your skills so I am glad to have you onboard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saxondragon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Mon May 17, 2010 11:27 am

still_standing wrote:
My name is Jennifer and I am new to M&B and POP. Though I don’t have much experience yet with game design, graphic arts, coding, or mods, and my skills are limited, I intend to cultivate them with hard work and sheer determination and that is what I can offer!

I am a student in Michigan who enjoys learning new things and exercising my creativity through art and writing by way of an imagination that has no boundaries. I have recently developed a strong interest in the game design industry and hope to one day achieve a successful career in the field.

If I may be of assistance in any way, I will gladly embrace the challenge and will appreciate the knowledge that I stand to obtain from the experience.

Thanks for the opportunity,
Jennifer

Welcome on board Jen.. glad you made it! Smile sunny

Best,

Jim
Back to top Go down
MCC still_standing
Thought Leader
Thought Leader

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Mon May 17, 2010 11:48 am

Thanks for the warm welcomes... they are much appreciated! I look forward to lending a helping hand and if that isn’t enough… well then, I have another one cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mason
Heavenly Walker
Heavenly Walker

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Mon May 17, 2010 2:33 pm

Nice to see another girl on the team - you, Kinky/Sara and I are it amongst the PoP fraternity. (Chikiska's wife plays, too, but she does not post here.) Welcome! I think you will have fun. Cheers, Mason
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MCC still_standing
Thought Leader
Thought Leader

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Mon May 17, 2010 3:30 pm

Thank you so much for the pleasant reception. I look forward to working with and learning from you and having fun along the way Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
webspinnre
Thought Leader
Thought Leader

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Fri May 21, 2010 9:28 am

I'd like to thank Saxon and MadVader for inviting me here. I'm 25, married with a 2 year old son and another son due in September. I live in beautiful Napa, CA and grew up in Juneau, AK. I work for a business that caters to families who home school their children. I have no skills whatsoever with coding or art, and I'm not the greatest fighter in the world. Luckily, I wasn't brought on to do any of those things. One of my primary interests in gaming is in the strategic aspects, whether its in controlling an army on the field, or in managing a kingdom. I've been told I'll be paying particular attention to kingdom management and the economy, which is right up my alley. I've got WB, which I dusted off last night for the first time in over a month. I look forward to working with all of you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saxondragon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Fri May 21, 2010 9:37 am

Glad to have you on board mate...

Take a look around and make yourself at home..

Best,

Saxondragon
Back to top Go down
Fantus
Thought Leader
Thought Leader

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sat May 22, 2010 11:26 am

Hi, I'm Fantus aka George.. I'm from the Netherlands but live in Houston, Texas.
I'm a consultant/tech support rep for a software company in Houston and have been playing Mount & Blade since 0.751 Smile
Pendor is my favorite mod of all time, kinda tied with The Last days for 0.751.
I'm married and have a busy household with 9 dogs and 7 cats on my 2 acre spread and also a granddaughter since end of last year, even though i'm only 34!
I'm looking forward to playing POP3 Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordred
Insidious Diety
Insidious Diety

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sat May 22, 2010 11:27 am

Welcome Fantus, it looks like a Dutch revolution is taking place here. K!nky and myself are both from the Netherlands I believe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fantus
Thought Leader
Thought Leader

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sat May 22, 2010 11:30 am

Thanks Mordred! I'm excited to be on board!! Been playing POP this morning in between chores! I tend to find some easy mobs and have my party kick their ass while I do housework! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
noosers
Nemisis
Nemisis

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sat May 22, 2010 1:33 pm

Welcome Fantus!

If I wasn´t so tired I´d make a few dirty jokes about you dutchie grandpa @34. What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mason
Heavenly Walker
Heavenly Walker

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sat May 22, 2010 1:34 pm

Hi and welcome to both Webaspinnre and Fantus. Cheers, Mason (Fawzia on TW)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saxondragon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sat May 22, 2010 3:45 pm

Welcome Fantus.. take a look around and be welcome here.

Best,

Saxondragon
Back to top Go down
The Zue
Insidious Provocateur
Insidious Provocateur

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Tue May 25, 2010 8:25 am

Hello everyone.

Smile

43 yr old male from SW US. Retired. I game, fly kites, climb, travel and various other "non-work" activities. Well, I am building a house, but thats meh hobby.. Smile Nice to meet all you peepo.

(ty for the invite SD)

cheers
z
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordred
Insidious Diety
Insidious Diety

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Tue May 25, 2010 8:42 am

Hi, welcome The Zue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile