Forum for the Development Team associated with the Mount&Blade Module Prophesy of Pendor Development

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Introduce Yourself

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Saxondragon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:59 pm

Canto wrote:
Hey all!

My name's Nate, and I'm from Michigan. Like Tana, I'm a student and currently planning on breaking into the game design and programming fields. I have a little bit of experience in a lot of stuff, but most of it centers around code and scripts, primarily simple ones like visual basic and HTML/XHTML. I have a little experience in C# as well, and have been working in the NWN2 toolset recently, but haven't done much of the scripting work.

I'm hoping to learn a lot here, and look forward to working with all of you!

--Nate

Welcome on board Nate.. take a look around, especially in the Third Tower section to catch up on what is planned.

Best,

Saxondragon
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://prophesyofpendor.forumotion.net
legendarytommy

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:36 pm

Greetings to all! My name is Tommy, and I currently reside in Muskegon (Michigan, USA). I was introduced to the team by SaxonDragon, and am happy to be a part of it. I am proficient in C, HTML, and ActionScript, and am currently in the process of learning Visual C++/Java. I have years of web design behind me, and was quite literally born with a keyboard in my hand right out of the womb. Aside from the virtual aspect of things, I am proficiently fluent in Spanish and Italian, and am currently self-studying Japanese and German on the side. I hope to bring my contributions to the development team, and am eager to get to know everyone aboard! Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Mucho gusto estar aqui con ustedes, y un placér conocerlos!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tuatha
Questioner
Questioner

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:55 pm

Hey everyone! I'm tuatha, and I live in Austin, TX, where it's summer every day of the year! Well, every day except August 21, when it becomes summerier than summer. 115 degree and you can fry eggs on the asphalt. I survive the never-ending summer by drinking more water than would be healthy in Michigan. And to buy all my water, I write grants for a living. I'm fortunate enough to be freelance, which means I set my own schedule and can devote a bit of time to PoP development.

Last week, I offered to write some rumors for Fawzia, and it's become a daily practice. On average I do six a morning, which means that we should have over 360 by the end of the year! Considering all the new content in 3.0, 360 may be a bare minimum. Either way, I see this as a way to bring the PoP universe to life. With a little work, we can integrate the game's extensive backstory into the daily drama of Pendor's citizens.

I look forward to collaborating with all of you!
tuatha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mason
Heavenly Walker
Heavenly Walker

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:02 pm

Welcome in, Tuatha, Canto and Tana, bienvenidas Tommy y buenos suerte aqui! Cheers, Fawzia/Mason

Edit: Tuatha, will you run screaming if I tell you that there are 515 rumors in POP 2?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saxondragon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:37 am

tuatha wrote:
Hey everyone! I'm tuatha, and I live in Austin, TX, where it's summer every day of the year! Well, every day except August 21, when it becomes summerier than summer. 115 degree and you can fry eggs on the asphalt. I survive the never-ending summer by drinking more water than would be healthy in Michigan. And to buy all my water, I write grants for a living. I'm fortunate enough to be freelance, which means I set my own schedule and can devote a bit of time to PoP development.

Last week, I offered to write some rumors for Fawzia, and it's become a daily practice. On average I do six a morning, which means that we should have over 360 by the end of the year! Considering all the new content in 3.0, 360 may be a bare minimum. Either way, I see this as a way to bring the PoP universe to life. With a little work, we can integrate the game's extensive backstory into the daily drama of Pendor's citizens.

I look forward to collaborating with all of you!
tuatha

Welcome to the team Tuatha!

Best,

Saxondragon
Back to top Go down
w1lly

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:40 am

Hi All,

I am from Singapore.
Joined this board as I thought its a discussion forum for this game Razz

Just realised its for the dev of this game...

Anyway nice to meet all of you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Twan

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:10 am

Greetings all,

I'm an old guy from France.

I'm a scripter and mostly worked on mods for strategy games like EU serie, civilization, dominions, etc. before M&B. I've coded AI changes and new war/peace system for Sword of Damocles recently and proposed to adapt them to PoP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saxondragon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:24 am

Twan wrote:
Greetings all,

I'm an old guy from France.

I'm a scripter and mostly worked on mods for strategy games like EU serie, civilization, dominions, etc. before M&B. I've coded AI changes and new war/peace system for Sword of Damocles recently and proposed to adapt them to PoP.

LOL.. Welcome Twan.. there are lots of us "Old folks" here on this project. Take a look around and let me know when you are ready to jump in.

Best,

saxondragon
Back to top Go down
MadVader
Nemisis
Nemisis

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:01 am

Hi guys,

I'm MadVader from Slovenia, a veteran RPG gamer and a big fan of PoP. My favorite games were Baldur's Gate 1+2, Planescape:Torment, Fallout 2+Tactics+3, the Total War series, Oblivion.
I used to code in C/C++ for a professional outfit, and hope to help with the coding work here. My hobby is political and military history, but I'm curious about everything.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saxondragon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:03 am

MadVader wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm MadVader from Slovenia, a veteran RPG gamer and a big fan of PoP. My favorite games were Baldur's Gate 1+2, Planescape:Torment, Fallout 2+Tactics+3, the Total War series, Oblivion.
I used to code in C/C++ for a professional outfit, and hope to help with the coding work here. My hobby is political and military history, but I'm curious about everything.

Cheers

Fantastic.. welcome to the fold mate..

Best,

Saxondragon
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Insidious Diety
Insidious Diety

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:46 pm

Welcome to the team both of you. Look forward to working with you in the future. Im glad to see our team getting even more culturally diverse!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drahau
Mind Reader
Mind Reader

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:53 pm

I would be Drahau.
I do knight fighting in central europe for a living. Recently I made a mod for PoP which will be only viewed by the development team (in time, and due to copyrights). I'm hoping to contribute a lot to the upcoming PoP 3.0 .

Mod thread plus screens: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=101708.msg2547714#msg2547714
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.drahau.deviantart.com
Mordred
Insidious Diety
Insidious Diety

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:51 am

Interesting ideas in the mod there. Its upto Mason and SD as to what changes can be made though, and both of them are rather busy at the moment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saxondragon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:11 am

Drahau wrote:
I would be Drahau.
I do knight fighting in central europe for a living. Recently I made a mod for PoP which will be only viewed by the development team (in time, and due to copyrights). I'm hoping to contribute a lot to the upcoming PoP 3.0 .

Mod thread plus screens: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=101708.msg2547714#msg2547714

Welcome to the team Drahau,

Best,

Saxondragon
Back to top Go down
Jade77
Insidious Provocateur
Insidious Provocateur

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:00 am

Hello all I am Jade and from the UK, 32 years young family man with two beautiful daughters and an understanding wife who lets me game and be at the PC far too much Smile

I am a mature student studying 3D animation at university, and currently using Cinema4D with next year I will be learning Maya. Although I may learn it earlier as I do have it at home already.
I do also plain to learn Zbrush when I get some time to sit down and go through the tutorials lol having two kids and a full time job as well as studying doens't give me too much time to learn new programs Smile
I am also skilled at Fireworks and okay at Photoshop if needed.

Regarding M&B, I was one of the 1st beta testers back in the day and loved the game, but after a reformat and with new upcoming games I never reinstalled it untill I bought mount and blade.
I have no idea how to use whatever applications are being used for modding M&B but I do know I can export files as an .obj file. Need to figure out how to bake textures onto an object file as when I export them the textures dissapear.

Well apart from all that babble I am an easy guy to get on well with, like to have a laugh but also know when to be focused and serious about the job at hand.
Really looking forward to this opportunity to model for you and hopefully if you like what I do then later there maybe a permanant position for me within your skilled team.

Speak with you soon
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sadpandastudios.co.uk
Mordred
Insidious Diety
Insidious Diety

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:29 am

Very good to have you on the team Jade, welcome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MadVader
Nemisis
Nemisis

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:06 pm

Glad to have you on board, Jade.

You may want to check this http://exilian.wikia.com/wiki/Scene_Editing_(M%26B) for starters. If you need any kind of MnB tech support, drop me a PM.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saxondragon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:16 pm

Great to have you on board Jade.. please make yourself at home and feel free to poke around.

Best regards,

Saxondragon
Back to top Go down
noosers
Nemisis
Nemisis

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:26 pm

Hail thee, and welcome Jade!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jade77
Insidious Provocateur
Insidious Provocateur

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:32 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys, looking forward to getting started Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sadpandastudios.co.uk
VonLowe
Insidious Provocateur
Insidious Provocateur

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:07 pm

welcome Aboard! Im sure you will enjoy working on this porject
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drahau
Mind Reader
Mind Reader

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:24 pm

Welcome! Now I lost my status as the new guy Smile
By the way I saw your models, pretty impresive stuff. I can just imagine what your skill (and time) will bring into M&B:PoP.
Quoting Mason "Cheers!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.drahau.deviantart.com
Chiksika
Insidious Provocateur
Insidious Provocateur

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Wed May 12, 2010 4:14 pm

Hello everyone, glad to be here and I hope I can at least help add something positive to an already excellent mod and team. I'm a bit limited in my skills, but I hope my sometimes unorthodox ways of playing and my willingness to try new things and help others as much as I'm able will translate into a net positive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saxondragon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Wed May 12, 2010 4:49 pm

Chiksika wrote:
Hello everyone, glad to be here and I hope I can at least help add something positive to an already excellent mod and team. I'm a bit limited in my skills, but I hope my sometimes unorthodox ways of playing and my willingness to try new things and help others as much as I'm able will translate into a net positive.

Well said and welcome aboard friend..

Best,

Saxondragon
Back to top Go down
Mason
Heavenly Walker
Heavenly Walker

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Wed May 12, 2010 5:05 pm

Hi, Chiksika, glad to see you here! Cheers, Mason

PS: Will your wife be joining you when you start testing? Do you two still sort of play the same game? This time, if she leaves you with a game "situation" watch out! You might be in trouble. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next