Prophesy of Pendor Dev Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the Development Team associated with the Mount&Blade Module Prophesy of Pendor Development

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm sorry. May I return.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SaintCat
Questioner
Questioner

I'm sorry. May I return. Empty
PostSubject: I'm sorry. May I return.   I'm sorry. May I return. EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 12:17 pm

Hey guys.

I've been away since I joined. I have a couple of things to apologize for. I've been away for personal reasons. My wife and I got married last August. Our relationship quickly ran into huge problems that totally consumed my whole being. We're doing much better. We went to therapy and mostly we got over our selfishness and pride. I won't get into it past that.

I'm sorry for not saying anything about leaving. Im sorry about not contributing to my favorite mod when I said that I would. I essentially misled everyone. I'm deeply embarrassed and I seek forgiveness.

Now that I have a semblance of life back I would like to help contribute. I will test the crap out of anything that needs testing, I'm an OK coder, and would like to help develop an end game challenge for maxed CKO troops. Max CKO troops have zero challenge, except the noldor castle, but that's only because my damn troops wouldnt fire their bows.

I hope you guys can forgive me, I would like to come back.

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
MitchyMatt
Sage
Sage
MitchyMatt

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry. May I return.   I'm sorry. May I return. EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 8:26 pm

Welcome back!

As for what we could have you do via coding is up in the air currently. Right now Snouz is our most active "coder" as he has been the one diving into it. You can work with him on anything deep in code.

But feel free to post any topics or suggestions you may have on the 3.8 board so we can get a discussion going or a good idea of what you want to do. Smile
Back to top Go down
SaintCat
Questioner
Questioner

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry. May I return.   I'm sorry. May I return. EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 9:16 pm

MitchyMatt wrote:
Welcome back!

As for what we could have you do via coding is up in the air currently. Right now Snouz is our most active "coder" as he has been the one diving into it. You can work with him on anything deep in code.

But feel free to post any topics or suggestions you may have on the 3.8 board so we can get a discussion going or a good idea of what you want to do. Smile

Nice! Thank you! Time to get to work.
Back to top Go down
cwr
Mind Reader
Mind Reader

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry. May I return.   I'm sorry. May I return. EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 10:08 pm

No need to apologize, real life always is first. Good to see you back though, whats your late game challenge idea?

I'm about to have a lot more free time also, as my finals are over Friday, and the school year is over a week from tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
snouz
Nemisis
Nemisis
snouz

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry. May I return.   I'm sorry. May I return. EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 6:47 am

I hope things get better for you! You don't need to apologize, a lot of people don't stick and that's not a problem. We're glad to have one more motivated person!

About the project: I'm taking MitchyMatt's message as a green light to share the code, so watch out for PMs. Feel free to just get lost into it to know how it works.

Like cwr, I'll have my project finished in a week, and come back to developing then (I'm still on the forum if you have questions). Sarasti has said she'd come back around the same time to make illustrations too. Mordred is coming back this week (you can ask him deep questions about the lore and past development), Konrad is reworking armors non-stop for at least a year now.

Here's our current build. The post contains the bucket list of things to finish and fix. I've included a cheat/skip mode when you go "new game", but avoid the character screen in it, it's only for quick testing. There's also a very buggy build of the "Pendor Castle", you can activate it in the cheat menu, but it makes a lot of things buggy. It was created by Abhuva for a long aborted version of POP, found again by Mordred. You can find bits of code for that by searching "abhuva" in the code.
https://prophesyofpendor.forumotion.net/t1015-alpha-3

Here's a good introduction to working with the module system:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=240255.0

Here's a list of what I worked on, add to it the quest by cwr (unfinished), Konrad's armors, the reworking of the dshar tree (not finished) and the replacement of siege scenes (we have to test which to keep or not)
https://prophesyofpendor.forumotion.net/t986-pop-3-8-snouz-wip

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://maxbrolet.be/
SaintCat
Questioner
Questioner

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry. May I return.   I'm sorry. May I return. EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 9:28 am

Epic. thank you for all the help, I'll dive right in! It's good to be able to work on my favorite mod.
Back to top Go down
EfeKaracar
Seeker
Seeker

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry. May I return.   I'm sorry. May I return. EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 11:59 am

Hello! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.efekaracar.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry. May I return.   I'm sorry. May I return. Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm sorry. May I return.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Prophesy of Pendor Dev Forum :: Castle Pendor :: Welcome-
Jump to: